This girl of mine has this very bad habit of sitting on the floor whilst doing her homework or any form of writing or drawing, with her chin placed on the table that leaves the distant of her eyes and paper around 6 inches apart. That's horribly near and will definitely spoil her eyesight in due time if she doesn't heed my advice!
I keep reminding her to on the lights, sit on a stool to do her work. But many times I caught her doing just the opposite. Makes me jump at her whenever I see this! I mean, wearing glasses is not akin to a lifelong sentence and with the laser technology evolving, there's always a good chance of getting one's eyesight corrected at a later stage. Yes, at a later stage, but what happens during her growing-up years if she ever EVER has to wear glasses?
I grew up wearing glasses, eversince end of Primary One and I hated it. I didn't want to wear it even though I couldn't see the blackboard and always copied from my friend next to me. Oh, think of the inconvenience of PE and sports too and swimming with a blur sight (not that I swim, anyway).
But that aside, I really want my two kids to have perfect eyesight. It's not just loading them with cod liver oil and stuffing them sick with carrots and fish, but also inculcating good care habits.
So you can understanding how I fume whenver I see only 6 inch gap between the eyeballs and the paper.
5 comments:
Depends how ganas are you. For me, strictly NO NO esp when Philip eye is 1cm away from the TV. Hmm but if he has to wear glasses one day..i guess no choice right...
I don't hv problem with the TV distance, if they even go within 8 feet, it's OFF TV. ; P Any party that does that, the other party will sound the alarm
me too wear specs from young :(
Hey Irene, go and get her to eat Billberry supplement, i give that to my two wonderful sons as well,,otherwise mmmmmmmmmmm susah lah.
take care now and god bless
sigh....kids !!! And they blame us for nagging.
Maybe get her he own table and chair in an area which she likes?
Post a Comment