I mentioned somewhere in my previous posts about Vic's allergy symptoms manifesting into red spots around the abdomen and upper thigh area.
During that time, we highlighted this to Dr Yadav (who does her blood test) and he confirmed that this is a form of allergy symptoms, and it is particularly around that area due to the tight pants that she wears which puts pressure on her skin. My Chinese thoughts initially were, "These are toxins popping out from her body, and more so around the kidney area because that's where the toxins come out, right?"
I may have highlighted this to Dr Wong (her allergist doctor) over the phone when I panicked, but after it dried up when we next brought her to him, we totally overlooked. Only at the recent and latest visit to Dr Wong on the way down to Singapore for CNY, did we had a chat with Dr Wong regarding her red spots and that some of her ezcema on her arm folds appear more like pimply lumpy spots, instead of the usual red spread out rashes.
On first check, Dr Wong said this is likely due to chromium and nickel allergy, then he tested her with my handphone that had chrome rings on the handle. Positive! Then he tested her with the little tubes and sure enough, that confirmed his suspicions.
Well, why this and why now? Dr said it's normal for allergic kids to show various forms of allergy from time to time, apart from the main allergies that they have.
All her other allergy points went down...
House Dust Mite = Zero (bear in mind, for blood test, this is her highest IgE level)
Egg = Zero
Candida = Zero
Yeast = Zero
This must be her third time being zerorised, and after all the roller coaster ride, we are happy for her, yet I am secretly pessimistic. I hope she stays clear of her allergies for the next one year, so that she can eat normal food again in Primary One.
What's her nickel and chromium points? Eleven. That means, no jeans, no trousers or clothings with metal buttons. If really die die need to wear, then wear for short while in air conditioned environment and tuck in shirt to avoid direct contact.
We also showed the doctor the corner of her lips, where there seems to be angular stomatitis, which was what her paed diagnosed. Another friend's 4yo son also occassionally gets this, and the same paed diagnosed the same. Apparently, this is caused by lack of vitamins? I have doubts that Vic is suffering from lack of vitamins, because she's tall and big for her age, and eats well, and takes supplements and other than the allergy, has been in good health (praise God).
Dr Wong said Vic's lips was caused by allergy to something in her toothpaste. This is the same Chico strawberry-flavoured toothpaste that she has been using the past 2 years, eversince he said she has allergy to mint, and not able to use normal minty toothpaste like Colgate. But now, Dr is recommending that she try a particular Colgate toothpaste which contains the lowest mint content. Vic was so happy, because she's always wanted to use our minty toothpaste! So now we've changed Vic to that.
This jeans allergy is for sometime, like Elaine, I'm not too bothered that Vic has this allergy to nickel and chromium, so long as it's not any more food allergies. We've gone shopping and bought her more tights, and this jeans-girl seem to have no qualms about putting her jeans aside for sometime. Maybe it's time for her to wear more skirts??? (Wooohoo!!)
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
5 comments:
Hmm, first time hearing that - allergic to jeans! Good for Vic too, she's a gal then, let her wear more dresses and skirts!
Hello Irene, this is the first time I read something about allergies to those you mentioned.
Never heard of this here.....
But maybe this might be something passing by, as they grow older, it will go away.
But to be allergic to jeans? That is standard outfit for everyone in the world, except the Dalai Lama.
I know of girls having 3 dozen jeans at home...
Here there are kids allergic to peanuts. Holy Smoke! Can't even eat peanuts near them. Schools have banned peanut snacks.
Hmmmm, thank goodness I did not, do not have an allergy to women, ha ha ha.
Oh ya, every time I drop by see your name....it's a beautiful name too....reminds me of a beautiful mature lady I once knew (and loved) once upon a time.
If you have nothing better to do, check out my archive to the very beginning...see title, 'A faded letter from the past'.
Of how a letter with only my name, no address found me here in Canada.....after 30 years!
It is the longest posting I've done, 19 episodes.
You have a pleasant weekend, and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.
@Uncle Lee, fortunately that Irene that you knew left you a good impression. Thanks for liking the name : ) Oh yes, will definitely be allocating time to check out that entry, and all the previous entries.
Yea I think Vic will outgrow the nickel/chromium allergy, but more concern on her food allergies.
wow...I learn something new everyday. Never mind...tights are in fashion now and can be really comfy! :)
Need to look up all your other links in the post. Thanks for sharing.
Congrats on being zerorised yet again! :)
Nickel allergy is not uncommon. Good to have met you that day :-)
Post a Comment