Haiyoo, if this was William's thanksgiving prayer, this is what Vic said over lunch today...
"Thank you God for the food, that mummy can tapau for me (hands over the eyes and peeping through the fingers), thank you God that mummy don't have to cook and tapau everyday, because I like tapau food with MSG!! In Jesus' name, Amen."
Hhmmpk.
On another note, this girl always think outside food is better than home cooked. Why ah? Last night I cooked stewed baby pork ribs with radish and carrot and star anais, and stirfried bayam (her favourite) and boiled lotus pork soup, and just after I scooped two spoonful of dishes onto her plate, she said "No thank you" I didn't understand what she meant, and she said rather loudly, "That's enough!"
Because it didn't sounded right from the tone to her words, I gave her a lesson of what children with lesser means would feel... let her eat only white rice, but after she said she wanted to eat, I gave her only one spoon of each dish, together with a piece of my mind.
Throughout all these, I have not heard a word of apology from her. Only after dinner and putting her plate in the kitchen sink, did she walked up to me and apologize. Still hurt inside, I hugged her and told her to help herself with the vege and pork, but no rice.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
4 comments:
hahaha...the grace very funny. Looks like she is hinting to you. Maybe she just want to have a change of taste. Dont worry so much.Too much outside food she will grow bored also. Then she will know mum's cooking is the best
Hello Irene, kids will have their likes and dislikes. And love that cute prayer too, ha ha.
But you sure got one interesting kid there.....
And re not eating what mom cooks....I never like tau fu when young. My mom will purposely cook that. She never says anything. It's take it or leave it.
Three days of tau fun cooked different ways....I had to eat, ha ha, or die of starvation. I was 6.
Today? I love tau fu, yong tau fu especially.
Always enjoy your lively humour.
You have fun and stay beautiful.
Lee.
Oh for the love of kids!
Hope she has learnt her lesson. Hard to teach kids good morals sometimes.
I can see where you are now and how much a mum has to endure. Thank God for endurance.
hi irene, nice meeting you today! adding your blog to my list :)
Post a Comment