Sometimes we forget that Victoria is only 6 year old. It's easy to forget that, as she is not only tall for her age, standing at 123cm last measure on 4th May, but also her level of understanding and interpretation. Admittedly, maybe because she's the eldest, our first born, I tend to tell her more and expect more (*guilty*).
Yesterday we dropped by Woods Macrobiotic bakery in SS2 to get her fresh supplies of her organic, allergy-free, vegan buns. On the way out, I asked Vic if she recalled the route home that Daddy taught me, using the short cut that cuts through the housing area. It was more than 2 weeks ago, and I could roughly recall, and didn't want to switch on my GPS as it'd likely bring me to the main roads, and take too long to acquire satellite (technology has its flaws).
So, I thought I'd just check with Vic. I didn't expect her to know, nor to have paid attention at that time when hubby showed me, as she was at the back seat playing with William and Kakak.
Surprisingly or not, Vic quite confidently directly me through a couple of turnings and led me out on the right path. Way to go, Vic! Hahaha, now I know there is not only a walking calculator in our family (ie Gong Gong), there is walking-GPS in the making! Great that she got her sense of direction from her Daddy and Yeh Yeh. : )
I recall when she was 3, she'd remember the route home, and if we were taking a different route. She'd also identified her friend's house, who stays on the opposite side of our neighborhood, by just having sat in her teacher's car a few times.
*****
A few months back I wrote about me staring a franchise business, but I'd like to update everyone here that I won't be embarking on that venture, after having completed their intensive training. The interviews and orientation had all taken place much earlier, with the location identified and booked.
But the 3 days intensive training was an eye-opener. Basically, the time required once the business is full fledged is as good as working 6 days full time. That was a confession from a franchisee, and the area manager also opined that the orientation was misleading, thus resulting in many handovers.
Learning that, we prayed and thought over it, and finally decided to let it go, because my priority will always remain with the family. There is no point investing in other kids, but neglecting my own.
So there... I'm back to doing what I have been doing for the past 3 years, nurturing the two kids and keeping busy with a growing portfolio.
Back to Vic. I shared with her my working plans earlier, but didn't update her that the chapter has been closed. Yesterday out of the blue, she asked me, "Mummy, when are you starting working?" Apparently she's been waiting.
Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with you Vic, hahaha!
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
6 comments:
Interesting! I think she also knows where the secret stash of goodies (yummies) are kept too!
Liling
Vic is a very wise girl.
I reckon our formula these days have some special vitamins or ingredients. Just do a comparison with u (at 6 yo) and now Vic 6yo ehhehe
@liling, yea she does but she also knows they are forbidden due to her allergies
@Angeline, thanks...
@little lamb, Vic stopped drinking formula milk since 3.5yo when we discovered her milk allergies then, but after she overcame that, she wasn't keen on formulae milk anymore, unless it is from a baby bottle! Talk about maturity right?!
I too was quite interested in doing some franchise biz actually d past weeks...reading around etc. Wouldn't it be great to be our own boss>>??? But reality striked me abt d time factor too ( and cash too!!!) and after my fren mentioned to me abt it...
Good thing u made the realisation now and not after everything has been signed and started...
It's really not easy looking for something that will allow quality time with the family. I'm still searching myself...:-(
Post a Comment