In the car yesterday, Victoria asked me. Mummy next time we all wear the Santa Claus hat, and the shirt, and the pants. Then I say, OK, don't forget the sack too, with lotsa presents inside to give to good little children (with the intention to motivate her to be good). Then she asked me, Mummy where does Santa Claus stay?
Aiyoo. Tough question. I was hoping that she didn't ask me that. Do I tell her the truth? Or do I tell her a little white lie and break it to her when she's older, or let her find it out herself then blame Mummy for being a liar?
So I answered, "Santa Claus stay in the North Pole. That's very very far away, and you have to take many aeroplanes there." Wow, many aeroplanes, ahh... she said.
Then she told me she wanna see Santa. And why issit that Santa only comes out during Christmas. Then out of guilt, I told her the truth la. Actually, there are many Santa Claus. Anybody can wear a Santa Claus suit, put on a beard and carry a sack of presents and be Santa Claus.
There! Mummy would never lie to the kids... : )
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
1 comment:
Hmm.... that's really honest. For me, I think I'll stick to the "fairy-tale" version. But it'll be quite a while b4 my Elyssa can talk, so let's see how that goes!
Post a Comment