JellyPages.com

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A visit to the paed.... and physiotherapist!

We noticed for a little while now that William's neck is always tilted to the right side, and last weekend an Aunt paid a visit and after I casually mentioned my observation to her, she insisted that I bring my son to the therapist. I believed she meant well with her persistent coaxing but I sure didn't appreciate the nasty remarks about the consequences if I didn't.

Anyway, Hubby took time off and we brought him to the paed yesterday afternoon for an opinion. I amde an appointment at 3pm, but we only arrived 345pm, just in time to catch the doctor before he leaves for an emergency. Dr Eric gave us a referral to the hospital's therapist although he didn't think it was a major problem.

While waiting for the bill, William made friends with the nurses at the reception area. The nurses carried him, and played with him, and even teased Victoria jie jie (who went along to encourage little brother) that they will bring her baby brother home. Of course Victoria at her age, didn't find it funny.

William had his first therapy yesterday. He was awake and calm throughout the whole hospital visit, and did not cry. The therapy session was short, and the therapist Fizi was gentle with him. There was no pain, just mild discomfort with the position. I was taught how to handle him and exercise his neck at home, so looks like I have daily homework now till our next visit on Tuesday.

Hopefully his neck heals. This morning I put him in one of the recommended positions and he was very patient. Phew... thank God for no wailing baby so far!

No comments: