JellyPages.com

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Discharged and back home

Today Victoria was discharged from hospital. Her mood yesterday was better and she enjoyed the company of her Mama Yeh Yeh, and Popo who took care of her at night.

Apart from eratic moody moments, and her uncooperativeness during the physiotherapy, her spirit seems lifted and less emotional. She loved walking round the ward to kill the boredom and we spend a great one hour or more at the indoor play area just outside the ward too, where she ran and jumped, and climbed and watched other kids play.

During lunch and dinner yesterday, I asked her to pray for the food. She prayed, saying (not word for word, though), "Dear God, thank you for the food, I pray for my hand that you heal it, for my cough and phlegm please take it away, and for Daddy that you bring daddy home early to spend time with Mummy so that Mummy will be happy (haha) and for Mummy that you heal her (I'm not sick, but I think that's a nice thought) and for Heh Heh that you take away her cough.... (the rest I forgotten)... In Jesus Name, Amen."

This is the coolest prayer I heard. The faith of a little girl. I'm sure God heard that prayer.

Today, her lungs have cleared but the phlegm is still there, the cough is less. Doctor said she is safe to be home, and prescribed her with oral antibiotics and flu medicine, nasal spray and ventolin.

She had two special visitors today, her teachers from school (Ming Choo and Chai Hoon) and Pastors Benjamin and Sally (all the way from Seremban). They prayed for her.

Her next checkup is this Saturday, and maybe an X-ray test next Monday or Tuesday, depending on Saturday's checkup.

I took this picture before we left for the hospital on Tuesday. We had a short but enjoyable painting session and she painted these herself. The same on 31 August, when she was first admitted for acute gastroenteritis, she did some painting before going to the hospital.

Look at my hand! It is "injured". It was very very painful when the doctor and nurses put this on for me.

A brief happy moment for the camera.

This is the door to my room, C525. She joked with Mummy last month that she likes the "Monkey room" when William was admitted, and now she's got it.

Taken on the second day, helping herself to the nebuliser (when the nurse was not around, of course)

Colouring in her room. We did, "Bob The Builder" together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing I learnt is that as a parent, refrain from showing your worries or fear in front of your kids.. they will get scared when they see your negative expression on the face. So let's try and keep a happy face ya? Liling