Our objective? To buy our Christmas tree and get our decos! We spent the whole morning in Metro, and I kept asking her if she's firm on silver and blue theme. I wouldn't mind gold and red, but she insisted that silver and blue it is. Until at one point after umpteenth times of asking her, she said, "Yes, it's blue and silver. Why you ask so many times?"
We bought our tree. It's a 7foot christmas tree, that comes with inbuilt fibre optic lights, with opening price at RM189. I say opening price, because after waiting 1hr for the store assistant to check the store for a new tree, he came back saying there's none, so I asked for a discount off the display unit. The manager gave another 20%, so the final price was RM151.20. : )
We bought 4 baskets of silver and blue decorative balls, and packets of stuffed hanging toys. I didn't have time to choose the ribbons, socks and more ornaments, but the best of all was the this porcelain santa claus sitting on a wooden rocking chair, reading a thick book which I think is the Bible lar. To be honest, he was actually behind the cashier till placed there by another shopper who've gone to get more loot. I placed all my shopping stuffs next to Santa and tried to look for another but he was the last Santa on a rocking chair, so when I paid for my items, I "conveniently" told the cashier that that's mine too, so that's how Santa came home with me. : )
This is Mummy and Victoria at the centre court decos, without much of a crowd, just the way it should be. Hehe.
Going home
That evening, we went for a family gathering.
As usual, she's camera shy, but very playful outside of the lens.
Loves the attention from all the young aunties.
I'm sooo happy with all the goodies we brought home that I'm tempted to put up the Christmas tree even on Boxing Day itself, but have refrained from doing so. The next day, we did some spring cleaning in the house, and put away all the Christmas decos, including the 18inch table Christmas tree which we bought from IKEA for this year. All except... Mr Santa who is still rocking by the side of my main door.
2 comments:
Naughty, naughty. So how tall is this Santa? Looks life size in the picture.
wahhhh sneaky! you know what's ironic? the person who actually wanted to buy the santa stumbling upon your blog! : ) ~graceux5~
Post a Comment