Yesterday we bought Victoria some fishes. 4 guppies and 2 tetra fish to be exact. We had this plastic bowl from an already spoilt Ogawa air purifier, so we just threw the motor away and kept the bowl. For sometime we've been meaning to get Vic some fishes just to expose her to some "pet experience". Afterall, this is the cheapest, and cleanest pet to have I think.
So we bought back a bottle of anti chlorine for the water, a bottle of fish food, a water plant for deco, and 6 fishes, all for RM20 (a good price to start with). She was very excited!
At night, we brought the container of fishes into the house, so the neighbourhood cat won't eat it if he decides to go for its occassional midnight stroll and happen to chance upon Victoria's little fishes.
Victoria wanted to feed the fishes, so as I was taking care of William, I gave her verbal guidance on how much to pour. She accidentally poured too much onto the cover, and I screamed, "Nooooo" just as she proceeded to pour the whole thing from the cover into the fish bowl! Aiyaaaa... now there's TOO MUCH food, and who knows if the fishes are dumb like gold fish, they might just overeat themselves dead.
Look at all the fish food!
So I was annoyed lar. Later I scooped out one of the fishes which I noticed had some skin desease. Best to separate him from the rest in case he "passes away" at night and infect the others.
This morning, that fish died. Vic is still sleeping as I type this, so I don't know what's her reaction towards the dead pet fish. I think she'll take it easy, coz we did pre empt her that pets die, and she shouldn't feel sad. She was OK when we spoke about it, and even whilst we were downstairs late last night to prepare some midnight snack, she even went to disturb the sick fish by shaking the container. : )
So it's 5 headcounts now. Hopefully they have a much longer lifespan.
No comments:
Post a Comment