JellyPages.com

Monday, August 3, 2009

Brushing teeth

William has now upgraded from a finger brush to his first set of toothbrush. Every morning, he will see me brush his jie jie's teeth, and sometimes he will hold my and Daddy's toothbrush whilst we brush our teeth. His turn is when he takes his bath. He cooperates quite well, except for mild resistance after awhile. But it's harder to brush the front of his teeth, coz I dont know how to get him to do "eeee."

Quietly, I'm just happy that he gets accustomed to some foreign object going into his mouth, so hopefully when he does start on using toothpaste, it will not be such a trauma (like what we experienced with Victoria).

His new and first set of toothbrush, complete with a gum and tongue massager at the bottom of the handle, and a safety shield to protect baby from putting the toothbrush too far into the mouth

Fresh after his bath this morning (he's holding the finger brush which I let him play with now)...

2 comments:

Adrine said...

I'm still using a finger brush for Elyssa and was just thinking of upgrading recently.

Is this proper toothbrush easier to use? Eh, and when to start using toothpaste?

Unknown said...

You shud start using toothpaste ONLY when the child knows NOT to swallow it. Haha, say ard age 2yo++ You can start with the non-fluoride toothpaste, so it's not harmful when swallowed. Trust bb brands more than those commercial brands. ; )