JellyPages.com

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another sign of a growing up little Miss

Victoria has been wanting to walk to class by herself. Hubby told me that happened to him most of the mornings when he send her to school, if not all. She doesn't want to hug before saying goodbye either.

I thought I would have it different since the once-in-a-bluemoon times that I have to drop her off at school, she was extremely happy and allowed me to walk her to class, said her good byes and gave me a hug. I watch her settle down, sometimes thinking back of her first weeks in school and how she was so attached to me, how she cried, how insecure she was hugging her Barney bag throughout class, and how quiet she was.

Those days...

Still clutching to her bag even at play time

As some might guess through my blog, I'm one who have difficulty letting go. That's also why I blog. I am impatient with the future, and yet I miss and reminisce the past. I pen down special moments and things I hope never to forget, sometimes I forget the details, sometimes I think they are too minute but I tend to regret latter when I have trouble remembering.

So this is like a big thing to Victoria. Walking to class herself, I mean. She is growing up. This week I send her to school with William in the car because Daddy's away. I normally park in front of her kindy entrance where there are guards sitted, and I leave William in the car just for the short time that I walk Vic to the inner gate and make sure she's safely inside and on her way to the class.

This morning on the way, she told me that she will walk to the class herself, and she said this rather proudly. I asked her if she was happy, or was she just being an understanding daughter knowing that William was in the car.

She said yes, she was happy. In this sense, she liked to be a big girl carrying her own bag and going to class herself.

On the way home, I am entertained by Mix FM and William who keep pressing off and on the radio, and turning the volume up and down.

No comments: