JellyPages.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finish your food, young lady!!

It is a norm, a routine and a dreaded ritual that every day I have to remind and nag Victoria to quickly finish her food. It sometimes drives me up the wall especially when I have so many other things at hand, or when school has already started and she is still dreaming at the breakfast table, or when she is not biting at all.

Victoria has her days. There are days when she can quickly gobble up whatever that is served, and even ask for second helpings. She love fried stuff, but obviously like many health-conscious mothers, I am not one to take the easy way out by giving her fried stuff every day just so that I can have a relatively easy time during mealtimes.

This little girl can irritate you further by not responding to all your yells, threats, pap talks. Briberies may work, but that doesn't hasten the process, that just ensures she finishes her food. In the midst of eating, Victoria is sure to make at least one visit to the loo for big or small business.

Even when we create a little competition between Vic and William to see who finish first, she gets easily dejected when William is about to finish first. Sigh.

I guess all parents go through this. Getting a child to finish their food ain't an easy feat, but if it has to be done, it has to be done. Hopefully when William grows up, he doesn't become one fussy eater.

No comments: