JellyPages.com

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Little miss-something

Victoria is a...

1. Little Negotiator

She negotiates on almost everything. We have moved on from her crying aka lau gai days just because she cannot get her way, and she negotiates on a deal we can both agree on. For example, this little 4.5yo negotiates with me when she wants to wear her socks. She reasons as she negotiates. Just because once when it rained heavily in the afternoon and I didn't want her to catch a cold, I suggested she wear her socks and long sleeve (she used to, until I "trained" her to stop) during her nap. Thereafter, every time it rains in the afternoon, or ABOUT to rain, she becomes happy and is quick to ask me if she can wear her socks. If I say no (just to be difficult), she tells me it's raining and she's cold. Then I pretend to have some concerns about her not taking it off after she wakes and she "promises" to do so.

Just the other day she was having her early dinner before her music class. She kept telling me she couldn't finish her dinner and initially I ignored her. She was rather persistent, and continued saying, "Mummy I cannot finish, how?" After some time, she realise that's not leading to the answer she wants to hear, so she tried a different tactic. I was surprised when she suggested to me to keep her dinner till after music class and she "promise" she will have it all polished off!! I hesistated. Then she yelled, "promise or not? You trust me?"

OK OK.

2. Little Complainer

Yes, she complains. About small things like why the maid didn't help her with xxx, that she doesn't have 2 sunshades in the car just like her brother, that she cannot watch her Snow White DVD, that she doesn't want to eat her vege and yesterday she got scolded for complaining about having too much to eat! Thank God her complaints are not the same everyday and these mainly depend on her mood.

3. Little Helper

My Victoria is forever my little helper, exactly what my gynae has "prophesized"! She loves to watch the maid cook and willingly extends her hand in whatever we ask her to do. Sometimes, she makes uncalled for initiaves by washing the plates with the Dettol Handwash (because that's the only soap that she can use). She loves cutting garlics and even asked to cut onions too but of course that's a no no. We give her a butter knife and chopping board to cut the garlics and she happily chops away. Yesterday evening whilst I was taking my bath, I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to put a new towel in the bathroom. And guess who came to my rescue? Victoria! She came upstairs to complain to me that Daddy didn't let her watch her DVD but allowed William to watch his Donutman instead, hoping that I will overturn Daddy's decision. Haha, of course that didn't happen. Instead, I got her to bring me my towel from outside. She even asked me, just to be sure, "What colour is your towel?"

4. Little Miss Perfect

When it comes to Heh Heh (remember her favourite doll?), she must dress Heh Heh in the way that she wants. The doll wears a complete set of long sleeve, long pants (both rolled up), diapers (sponsored by William), socks and mittens. Sometimes Heh Heh is also wrapped up in a white nappy cloth just like a newborn. And how is she super miss perfect here? She insists that Heh Heh's mittens must be tightly worn (I don't know why she can't do this herself) and will bug you until you do it for her.

No comments: