JellyPages.com

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our first Christmas tree

For many years I have been bugging my hubby to put a Christmas tree in our house. I've always loved Christmas. Besides celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus, I love everything that comes with Christmas... carolling and carols, presents and wrappings, decos and roast turkey and its stuffings, mince pie (we don't get this here in Malaysia) and snow (nor this!), and of course... the Christmas tree!

But somehow we never got around to get a tree. Then Victoria came along. And then William. Last year, Victoria, my cousin Maria and myself went for the Boxing Day sale at Metrojaya with the mission to bring back a tree and lotsa cheap decos. Yes, we achieved mission! A 7foot balsam fir christmas tree that come with fibre optics lights! I had such a gala time choosing the decos and I must say, when I paid for the baskets and baskets of decos, it must have been my happiest "paying" moment for until now, I keep the (now crumpled, "ham yue") receipt in my handbag just to remind me what a bargain I got and put a smile on my face. Yes, this is the weird part of me (coz I don't normally have the habit of keeping shopping receipts).

So last weekend after hubby got back from his Beijing trip, we finally put up our very first, very own Christmas tree. I put on a children Christmas CD just to create the mood but after awhile, William insisted on his Donutman CD! Vic busied herself with picking up the decorative balls and putting them in their toy pail (used for the beachside) and passing them to me. William occasionally pull out one or two balls from the tree and throw them back on the floor.

I got hubby to put up the star on the top of the tree, after all the decos are up. It's the final touch, and I think I'd like him to do this every year, as a tradition, and because it's the most important last piece on the tree.

These are pictures of us putting the tree up...

Victoria put on her apron to protect herself from getting "dirtied" I guess... or was it just to look involved?

Our little helper

Kids playing with the deco balls

Mummy with her new christmas "ear-rings"

Putting up the star

Here it is.. ta daaaaa!! Still quite bare (need more balls) and I can't get a sharp pic without my flash on... but with my flash on I can't get the effects of the fibre optic lights. So I go with a sharp picture but no light effects.

The mini red-star christmas tree on the dining table.

Santa needs a place to hang...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need a santa claus costume for daddy to wear to complete the christmass spirit.

Leona said...

Yippee! I can't wait for Christmas too. Next thing is to fill up that tree with presents!!

Unknown said...

hohoho! this year i foresee less pressie's than last year. but i'm sure you'll be looking forward to all the good food in sban ; )