JellyPages.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The day we almost lost William

Saturday, Jul 24th, approx 6:45pm

It happened when we were having a kite session at Citypark Seremban 2, where Victoria can fly her Ben10 kite with Yeh Yeh, whilst William and I enjoyed a game of frisbee (so-called la) which I bought from the kite vendor for only RM3.50 Daddy went to the shops nearby to tapau dinner for the maid.

When the maid received her dinner, she asked me if it was under the tree where she should sit as there were no benches or other concrete slabs which she could use as a make-shift chair. I hesitated as I feared there might be ants under the tree, and asked hubs what he thought. Victoria came over as nosey as she is, haha... and then we suddenly realised...

William was missing!!

We looked at the field, which was about the size of a football field and couldn't see my darling boy boy! I freaked out! The first thought that came to my mind was that someone had kidnapped my son and I ran quickly to the carpark and road which is just a few metres away... I searched as far as I could see, and saw a woman carrying a boy, but as I looked closer the boy was wearing different sandals. Just as that time, hubs called out to me that he saw William at the other end of the field, where the playground was.

I squint my eyes and then saw William's little head as he has already descended the steps to the playground. A little later and we would not have been able to see him AT ALL!

At this point, the maid was already nearing William and hubs was behind her. I ran as fast I could, and when we caught up with William, he cried! Maybe out of fear, maybe out of disappointment that he's been "caught", I don't know.

But I was super relieved. I cannot thank God enough. Later hubs told me that it was a malay couple sitting under a tree who saw William walked away. Hubs ran back to thank him as I kept a close watch over this escapee.

You know, we never thought this will happen again to us. The first time was in our church when he just walked off and I thought he was with hubs but hubs thought he was with me. Instead he walked past me and out of the sanctuary, down a few steps and by the time we found him, he was nearing the church cafeteria some 40-50 metres away (I think... I'm really bad at gauging distance). Someone opened the glass door leading out to the open carpark and I saw William headed towards the door, just as it closed a few steps before him.

And now, William ran ACROSS a whole field, without as much as a word to anyone, or a goodbye, or any hint... it seemed like he took that very opportunity when he was out of our sight for just that 5-10 seconds, and then he disappeared! It's so scary and serves as a lesson to us!

To William, you please don't run away from mommy or daddy again! I might just become hysterical losing you or Vic!

Victoria's Ben10 kite flying gracefully in the evening sky... and this is part of the field


Sister trying to take a look at the "frisbee" but brother resist
This is how you do it, Mommy!
Vic on the swing
... then the bars (still scardy cat wants me to hold her bum bum in case she falls)
and doing this all the wrong way!
Finally, enjoying a more relaxed moment with Daddy looking at the fishes having their dinner

8 comments:

Leona said...

Oh wow.. what an ordeal! I can totally imagine what u felt at that moment when u looked up and didn;t see William.
My heart literally drops to my stomach when I just lose Ryan for a split second at the shopping malls and I would be screaming for his name.
Thank God for helpful people who would help navigate you to the 'runaway' child.
Hhhmm .. if only they would invent child sensors... haha!

Unknown said...

Your heart must be pounding as if a nucklear bomb was about to implode in your body,,,

Guess this happens to most of us parents, we must be always mindful about of our children,cannot even for a split second taken them for granted,,

thank you for his guiding agenls ,,,

LittleLamb said...

yeah...when in public places..like malls,hypermarkets..i never leave sight of my son...anything can happen..

Adrine said...

That must have been really scary!

I thought I nearly "lost" Elyssa once too. Looking back, it was silly cos she was only 2 mths old, couldn't walk and we were in the house. But at that time, I got a shock when I realised she was not on the sofa where I thought I left her. (I forgot I moved her to the bouncinet). I could never forget the feeling tho - in that half minute, I turned cold, my heart was pounding and my hands were literally shaking!

Luckily nothing happened to Wil. Hope there will be no more "escape acts" in the future..

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hey, we were there on the same day, same time, doing the same thing... flying kite and playing frisbee! How come I didn't see you geh? The field is not that big wat ;)

Glad that William didn't wander too far away. Phew! Just have to keep your eyes glued to him at all times eh?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Gawd, that was scary!!! Maybe u shd get him a safety harness. I put one on Baby too these days :D

Anonymous said...

And we thought that we could relax once they started to walk! Shannyn made our hearts jumped several times when she woke up from afternoon nap and walked to the dining area looking for us. We 'forgot' that she can now walk and move around. So we didn't expect her to suddenly appear in front of us when we thought she was sleeping in the bedroom.

~Liling

Unknown said...

Haha, Liling! Hope Shannyn didn't find you and Sean in a compromising position... kekekeke!!!