JellyPages.com

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bird bird fly away

Sometimes when naughty William runs around naked when I change his clothes or diaper, I tell him that he better wear his diaper fast else his bird bird will fly away...

Today I thought of trying him diaperless for a few hours and see how it goes. I've been telling him a few times before that one day he will have to learn to "shee shee" in the potty or toilet and not the diaper.

Anyway, when I reminded him that this morning, he told me he wanted to "shee shee" and I brought him to the toilet where he did his small business. (One tick for success, I was already half beaming to myself) Then I took him out and wanted to wear pants for him, no diaper.

William ran away saying, "no, bird bird fly away"... Aisehhh!! I confimed with him that he wanted to wear diaper because he feared his bird bird will fly away. Yikes, backfired! Now I've to slowly brainwash him that we must "teach his bird bird to stay put"...

Silently tell myself I must check out how to potty train a boy... any tips anyone?

UPDATE @ 1556: When I gave him bath just now, I didn't let him wear diaper. Fella cried when he discovered I put on his pants without the diaper. Sigghhh...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

No need for Will to wear diapers already,, i think he will cope well without the diapers, and the bird bird will not fly away too,

actually i feel diapers are very non enviromental friendly too, and not so good for the child, heaty then the bird bird can be roasted chick sometimes hahahahah

take care now ya

Reanaclaire said...

last time my boys used to hold their birds when they wanted to pee.. they wore diapers only when they sleep.. so during the daytime, either napkins or left them free when they were around 2 or 3 years old..

LittleLamb said...

pls..when u find out the answer..let me know. philip is ok without diaper. but he is always too late to tell me if he had pee/poo

smallkucing said...

LOL.....next time say wear pants birdie wont fly away :p

Leeyen said...

Let him wear pants during the waking hours and when he wets the floor show him that "The floor is wet now! Next time you have an urge you must tell me..." of course the accidents will still happen again and again (and the mummy/the maid must bear wiping up the mess again n again) but the message will register in his mind sooner or later. But I promise you that he won't like the damp in his pants after each accident and soon he'll ask you to take him to the toilet!

Ann said...

when i first started i got alot of accidents and alot of xtra work to do. Then suddenly at 2 and a half he got the idea after his first pee in a cup. And no accidents anymore after that.

I let him use a cup rather than the potty and stand and pee. Seems to help him better than asking him to sit in a potty. Also I went straight to the toilet bowl with the baby cushion attachment. He skipped the potty altogether.

Of course we got him fascinated with seeing things go down during flushing and that he can try too if he poops inside.

And have to ask him if he wants to pee MANY times like every 15 minutes else they forget.

Even now I remind my son he is not wearing diaper, have to tell mummy if he wants to shee shee.

As for bird fly....well...put him on underwear/training pants and say it acts like diaper to keep bird in but only cannot shee shee in it. Big boy already don't want to wear diaper!

Good luck. When they are ready, they will do it very fast. But press on.

Unknown said...

hey thanks peeps for all the comments. yea, he's kinda slow to train compared with most other toddlers i know coz he didn't talk very fast, and now that he's talking more and can express himself (eg complain abt maid is his no.1 forte) i thought i should start. afterall, a little bit free in the house... hehe, but then again.. i'm so dreading those cleaning up, or suddently discovering puddles of "water" on the floor, worse, if got pastey brown stuff...

@ann, i'll try the underwear idea. only risk is washing more clothe, right? thanks.

Leona said...

Looking that William is 2yrs 4 mths... can start lor. But I wouldnt feel too pressured...I realised that just take ur time. when they are ready...they will be ready. But of coz can get him to comprehend with the idea of not wearing a diaper first. I too am not looking forward to those wet puddles in the middle of the floor. Oh yah, get him accustomed with the toilet bowl lor and let him see how "papa' does his business there. Maybe that may give him some idea?