JellyPages.com

Friday, September 17, 2010

Bloodied


Three mornings ago on Tuesday, I woke Vic up for school as usual, and in the dark as I helped her to sit up, I discovered to my shock, that Vic's white bedsheet had a 20cents size blood stain.

Then I quickly checked her pyjamas and found more horrid stains with blood. A lot of blood. There were huge stain marks on BOTH sides of her pyjamas blouse on the arm area and my immediate thought was that she's scratched herself so badly on her inner arm where her ezcema usually comes out.

But a quick check and a sleepy Vic told me that it's NOT. It's not from her ears, neither from her neck and her nose and face looked clean. Then where? As I searched her body, I noticed more blood stains on her shirt.

I moved Vic to another room as William was sleeping and we didn't want him to rouse.

Here I cleaned Vic up and confirmed with her that it was her nose where the blood came out. This is the 4th episode, the first 3 a week or so apart in June/July. Back then, we took her to our normal paed who said that she may have been too rough with her nose (very possible) either through sneezing or digging (very VERY possible). So we left it as it is, adviced her to love her nose more and put her on some anti-histamine for a few days.

But this time, this really got hubs and I worried. And the grandparents too. I gave her quick call to her allergist doctor, Dr Wong and he adviced us to bring her to an ENT specialist for a thorough checkup on her nose "little area" but he did suspect this could be due to an allergy reaction.

So some of you may have saw my FB message for an urgent ENT recommendation. A couple of hubs' colleagues also recommended ENTs that they know. Thank you, Rachel for suggesting Dr Raymond, whom I spoke to and he sound like a very caring man. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to see him, as we got another recommendation to see a Dr Lim Whye Keat from Assunta Hospital who specialised in paediatric ENT.

Vic was diagnosed with nose allergy, and he has prescribed Augmentin antibiotic to stop the infection, Zyrtec antihistamine, a medicated nasal spray and Oftalmolosa cream for the inner nostril. Her "little area" in the nose shows blood all clogged up, and bubbles as air tried to flow through.

Vic's running nose has stopped but she's still on the other medication.

Thank you all for your prayers and continue to uphold this little girl in your prayers. She's keeping cheerful.

Oh ya, thank God her favourite doll, Heh Heh was spared from any of the stain. Heh Heh is too old and fragile and cannot endure another bath.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've been following ur blog, I also notice the "Blood" stain for a few times. I also will feel worried to if happen to my kid *Tpuch Wood*. I hope that, when Vic grown up, the thing will go away. Take care ya

smallkucing said...

Must have made your heart jumped when saw all those blood stain.

Hope the med will work.

Reanaclaire said...

Thank God that she is fine now.. as parents, we worry about our kids, especially when they are still young and do not know how to tell us what is wrong with them..

Leona said...

Must be worrisome to see the blood stains...
Thank God that you managed to get a good ENT specialist...

Ann said...

I don't have you on facebook. Let me search for you! :)

Hope nothing serious with Vic. My son used to have nose bleeds very often as well. But now much better coz he hardly knocks his nose and I give him alot of herbal stuff to drink.

Unknown said...

@Leona, do you know Dr Lim?

@Ann, might be rather difficult coz I have very high security profile.. haha... kiddin. Try to search me via Leona/Shireen's friends? Or you can give me your FB name.

LittleLamb said...

I wonder what trigger it...
Is it banging the nose a lot will cause nose bleed? Cos so far in 3 yrs, Philip only blled once..and that's because he fell down from the car seat..more like an accident . Hope Vic will recover soon.

Unknown said...

Dr said it's nose allergy from the environment. But that's quite astonishing, as we have a HEPA filter in the room, her mattress and pillow is encased with anti-dustmite casing, all fabrics and mattressed is vacuumed every other week... Dr said it will still happen.

Leona said...

Irene,
Dr. Lim as in ENT specialist or Dr Lim as in Child pediatrician?
I know the latter...