I realised it's been some time since I last blogged about what my two kids are, what they have been up to and the simple mundane things like their weight and height.
Well, I don't have their exact statistics to start with, but William weighed around 15kg a couple of months back at the clinic. That, to me, is quite surprising because I remember he was at 15kg easily 6 months ago. Seemed like he has elongated but not put on much horizontally.
Vic's weight has also stablised around 22kg. My two kids stand tall for their age, as you may have noticed that Vic is the tallest in her kindy class (but her friends at JMC are the same height as her) and many people mistaken William for over 3yo instead of just 2yrs 8 months that he will be soon.
As with many other siblings, they argue almost daily and hug less nowadays. Their playtimes can be very loving too, if only learn to share and sometimes they unite over food. William learns how to "gi gi gu ji gi" (take care of ownself first) now, by few incidents I see... eg Vic says she wants to eat the remaining cereals on William's plate that he is not touching, but when William hears that, he quickly gobbles up the last pieces for (I thought for Vic) himself.
Jealous? Well, not really but my boy boy is ever possessive. When Vic cuddles with me, he will come in between, seemingly to "share the joy" but end up pushing the sister away. Or when Daddy gets too chummy with Mummy, boy boy comes a long to remind us of his presence. ; P
Vic is getting ever more stubborn now and I'm losing more hair and getting more white ones. I just dyed my hair for the year end, to console myself that I can still look younger. I nag still the same, and wish more that Vic can do things on her own.
Maybe I should blame myself for "babying" her. I cannot stand the dilly dallying and end up doing things for her eg preparing her toothbrush with toothpaste and sometimes brush her teeth still. I bath her whenever I can, because I think she is not clean enough if the maid or Vic baths herself.
Vic likes more girly stuff now (phew!) and it's only mostly because she sees her friends liking Barbie and Princess stuff. She bugs us for new water tumblers, got her new Strawberry Shortcake pink wallet with a security tag, and tells me she likes Princessey stuff. But mind you, the Ben 10 craze is NOT over, just died down.
As for loyal ol' William, he's still into Toy Story, and when we give thanks for our food, we hear a little boy's whisper, "Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3". Dare you forget to thank God for these that he mentioned, he will cry. Not that macho afterall, hehe. But yea, we thank God for what he whispers, but prays he does not get addicted to the extend of worshiping Toy Story.
Oh, though these kids get me so mad so many times, it's easy to forgive them and kick myself for saying mean angry words at them, especially when they come around to apologize, or when they see a hurried, upset Mummy and say, "Mummy I love you a lot" (William says this more) or "Mummy, I want to make you happy" :) William especially knows WHEN to say the latter, at the peak of my anger when Vic does something wrong (got potential in bodeking).
And boy does he knows how to complain too. When the maid tells him not to do something, or doesn't give him what he wants, he comes running to me. One incident last week got me bursting in laughter ie William was drinking his milk on the bed and Vic came into the room to help Popo make milk for cousin Andrew. I got off the bed to help Vic. Then the maid pops her head in to ask me something, at that point William stopped drinking his milk, and shouted, "Kakak, go do your work!! Shoot you!! Bang bang!!" And then the maid chuckles, and disappears.
I can go on and on about these kids but that might just bore you. Staying at home with them everyday sure bonds us, although sometimes I want to scream and run away. Next year Vic enters her final year of kindy. We chose to keep William home for another year.
If only we can keep them at this age forever.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
4 comments:
Let me tell you.. time does flies when we are not stressed up with the kids.. hahaha.. see, mine are all young adults now.. i missed their kindy years and somehow i cannot recall much too.. so it is good to blog about them now that we have the privilege!
Ok ok, age is just a number and white hair or grey hair is just a symbol,don't fret... remember this like Claire said we one day shall miss those forlorn long gone moments so make sure we give them the best whenever we could,,,,,,,
take care,,,,,
Not a bore at all. In fact sometimes I go on and on about my kids and hope it doesn't bore anyone too! ;)
15kg?? wow....My son is 3y2m and he is only 13 kg!
Vic is at the age of knowing boundaries and testing them I guess. Hold on mummy....soon she will know not to test them and grow up into a sensible girl.
As for William, gosh....he is really so loving. My son is somewhat like that too. And its really endearing. Hope he doesn't loose the loving feeling!;)
And lastly...glad to read you and hubby still are chummy! :)
Oh yes, nowadays I always hug the boy at night and tell him how u wish time could stop! He always assures me that he'll still love me even if he's older! :) next year is the last year in kinddy too! 'sob'
Post a Comment