Jeongsan Auraji Rail Bike
This morning we left for Jeongseon which was about 1.5hours to 2hours drive down the mountain. Because the road was very windy, and also due to the wrong combination of food that went into Vic's tummy ie banana, cereals, cheese and Vit C drink, she vomitted in the car on the way.
The weather was chilly and very cold. The kids were wrapped up but I think William was still cold. Naturally they were excited, even mummy was! This place used to be a mining area and after the war, the rail roads and tunnels are converted to tourist attraction.
If visiting Korea, I want to say this is a must do! Besides the shopping, this happens to be one of the top 3 things, if not the best experience I had in the country. : )
Everland
In the afternoon, we continued our 2 hours travel down the mountains heading to Yongin - Everland! Arrived there around 630pm in time for the parade. Sadly, the place closes at 8pm and we didn't have much time to play the games and rides there. Because we wanted to maximise the rides, we missed the cable ride back to the entrance/exit point and therefore had to walk/hike 950m up a slop pushing William in his stroller and in the beginning part of the way, Daddy carried Vic on his shoulders! I thought I was going to faint from no-food-no-dinner-yet and the exhaustion.
After leaving Everland at 9pm, we headed to our Korean friend, Yi's brother's place, which was at an upper-middle class neighborhood called "bonda" (not sure of the exact spelling).. very nice place, but the host and hospitality awarded to us was very warm, very welcoming and very touching.
4 comments:
Wow, what an enjoying & awesome vacation! The Chinese believe that bananas are very 'yeh foong' (induces wind in the tummy). I will have tummy ache / wind in my tummy if I eat Montel bananas on an empty stomach.
hey..looks like very fun and very cold too!! so.. it is safe to go despite the bomb and war on the headlines?
@claire, we were there when the bomb happened, well, not really the place that it happened otherwise i wouldn't be writing this post, rite? heheh... glad God put us at the right place right time, we survived, but hubs came back very sick and hospitalised. i'm backposting.
Poor Vic. Must have been tiring on her too to vomit.
If I have no food, I will be very bad mood and will have a fever. So...everywhere I go sure I will keep chocolates or sweets.
Wow...I hope one day I would get to go to the place you mentioned.
Post a Comment