JellyPages.com

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Korea Day 4: The places we visited

Day 4: Tuesday, 23rd November 2010

Vivaldi Park World - Skiing

This morning after a rushed breakfast of pinching some of the food supply from Malaysia and some Korean instant rice & noodles, we left for the much anticipated, ski lessons at Vivaldi Park Ski World. Seriously, from our apartment, we could see the mountains where the ice were blown out of what you call those machines?

We went to the shop first to try out our ski shoes, get our equipments and hubs and I bought ourselves each water proof gloves that cost KW10000 each, thats around RM30, cheap or not? William obviously has to be exempted from this activity whilst all the other kids excited tried on their ski gear, including Miss Ice Queen Victoria, haha. William helped himself (and other fed him) complimentary biscuits from the shop, he walked around nonchalantly.



Then went back to the hotel, checked out and build a mountain of luggages in the two Hyundai Starex we rented. Then we moved on to the ski area, at the foot of the mountain to wait for our equipments and shoes to be delivered.


When we were busy sorting and trying out our shoes, we realised the guy from the shop forgotten to bring Vic's, and then lotsa communication here and there, in Korean of course. All these time, William was playing with the other kids and some adults watching them in the ski area. I got this little instinct in me that I should be returning to check on him, because he has a tendency to "run away."

Sure enough, as I was walking towards the ski ground, a friend called out to us but I saw him hugging William. As I neared, I noticed my little boy boy was crying silently, like he has been crying for a long time. Our friend immediately told us that he went off on his own and nobody noticed, until a kind Korean stranger carried him back.
As I hugged and reassured my boyboy, I asked him why he ran away and if he was looking for Daddy Mummy because he didn't see us. He replied, in between his sobs, "Yes"... (Heart melt)

William sat on the grass drinking his milk while the rest of us started our ski lesson... from where we were, I could keep a watchful eye on him, and deep in my heart, thank God that he sat down obediently otherwise I'd have to run after him and skip my ski lesson.


Then again, I could not understand the lesson well, and didn't get to follow through because Vic lost her balance when Daddy wanted to take our photos, and then she started crying and blamed it on the poor photographer. Sheesshh!










Vivaldi Park & Ocean World

In such a cold country, would anyone in their right frame of mind even remotely consider going swimming? Well, yes! All the kids and most of the adults went to Ocean World, a heated theme park, where all the kids swam or in Vic's case, played with water. Silly me forgotten to pack her swimming suit thus Daddy had to buy her a new one at the park, because the management were very strict about attire and hygiene. All who swam had to wear swimming cap as well. Vic happily got a "bonus" swimming suit come with short pants and cap for the price of KW41000 = RM123

I didn't join them, as I wasn't into watery stuff and William was sleeping plus 4 others didn't want to go too, so the small group of us took the Starex and drove around the place, hunting for shops (not many and nothing worth buying). Good thing I didn't go to the Ocean World too, so I could look for food for the kids as by the time they planned to come out was 7pm, and then we had to take a 2hours drive to Mount Sorak to check in before dinner... so can you imagine what time "dinner" would be?

At this juncture, I was without my Korean friend and had some communication problems, as the locals couldn't understand even simple words like, "No Egg". Fortunately I found some kimbap and pointed to the egg and crossed it out with my fingers! That night itself, I checked with my Korean friend to find out what egg was called in Korean, and learnt that most important word, besides, "Kaka ju sai yo"

Vic had a superb time at the water theme park.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Ice Queen Vic is so smart out there! So nice experience in skiing. That is a must if you travel to Korea. Lucky you, next year I dun think can travel to Korea...looks like their war will continue next year! Scary!!!

Ann said...

OK...I am starting with Day 4 and making my way down.

Poor William....good that he found you all in the end.

As for the skiing lesson....at least you got to learn a bit and experience skiing.

New swimwear and hat...nice 'forced' pressie for Vic. Glad she enjoyed herself.

And of course mummy always mummy...always planning and thinking for the kids.