JellyPages.com

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Of birds and bees (NOT) and handphones...

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! I thought I have another 5 years before my little girl ask me this... and "ask" wasn't exactly what she did. She was close to demanding for one.

"Mummy, I want my own handphone. Then I can play my games and message my friends and call my friends..."

What the??? Does her other 5yo friends have handphones too? I doubt so. Not even her 7,8,9 or 10 yo friends from cell group. On the latter part, she's just saying lar. But on her request for a handphone, she told me more than two times already.

The inevitable has arrived. What did I answer her? Pray, tell me, people, what's the best answer to give? Should I google this?

Btw, I just said no. Not now. Period.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, hopes it will not happen to my son. My hubby loves gadgets, now my son also into those gadgets - iphone & ipad! One day, he will ask from me to buy him one! how?

LittleLamb said...

*clear throat* I do know of kids having their own handphones or expert in using handphones even at age 3.....

Unknown said...

Well dear,it is a matter of saying it nicely to decline their request.

I remember when my Jovial was 10, he asked for one,i asked why did he want it, he said some of his friends got it, i told him nicely that ain't cool to have it at his age and i won't give it to him if i see his reasons unfit.

only this year at 13, baru i bought a second hand for him....

I have thought my boys something about "delayed gratification" hahahahh

Ann said...

LOL..my std reply when kids demand for things: "do you have money? no money, how to buy?"

mummy's money only for food and clothes etc.

Maybe will help them to save more.

coffeesncookies said...

is there a need for one ? No.. then no lah.. tell her.. .she'll lose it.. ppl will eye on her phone..and phone bills are expensive :)

Unknown said...

@angeline, manage your expectations i think your son might take after your hubs. i heard a 4yo boy asking his dad for iphone, NOT handphone... man!

@littlelamb, err... philip issit? ;P

@eugene, yea i have to learn "delayed gratification"

@ann, good one... i used that trick too. said i'm no longer working, and i don't have money. have to ask daddy (yikes, i just passed the buck to him) and now vic wants money to "save"

@coffeesncookies, but she got all sorts of reasons to rebutt wor, eg don't worry i will keep it safely, i won't let ppl see, i won't use a lot, etc