JellyPages.com

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Maternity Clothes

Last night hubby was away outstation for work. William was already asleep and it was just me and Victoria. So I thought, why don't we do something different, and I look at the box of "old" clothes which I put away before giving birth, knowing that I won't be wearing them for sometime (due to expected weight gain). I've been meaning to take them out the past few months after getting back my old weight faster than expected, so this is an outstanding overdue "to-do."

Victoria loves sorting clothes. She likes going through William's, sorting out those that he can't wear anymore, and picking the choice ones for her favourite doll, Heh Heh. Now it's Mummy's clothes, and upon my suggestion, she excitedly agreed. But I gave her a condition. We do this quietly, coz we don't want William to wake up.

She happily carried piles of my clothes out from the container, and place them on the bed for me to sort out. I happily pick my favourite blouses out. Some of them bring back memories, because I used to wear them in my last job in an advertising firm. Since the container had some place, I look through my wardrobe and my eyes lay on my maternity wears. Slowly, I fold them up, all crisply ironed, and felt a tinge of sadness. Like closing one chapter in my life. How time flies. I remember these blouses, which hubby lovingly bought for me (as an investment) when I first had Victoria. They were fashionable from Modernmum, which gave me lotsa freebies in return.

Now I place them in the container and wonder (I think the grandparents would be interested in this...) if hubby and I will have a third child. Maybe not. Not in the current plans. But maybe after some years, if we miss the sleepless nights, and strollers, and all the baby stuff again... who knows. Will I ever wear these blouses again? They are still so new. But I'd look silly if I wear maternity blouses if I'm not pregnant, and I'd sink in them.

Some, bought from Dorothy Perkins are still good for my non-pregnant state. I keep them hang up, and I'll probably pop them on once in a while.

I look at William. He just turn 6 months.

I look at Victoria. She's 3 years and 7 months.

They are growing so fast.

5 comments:

Peter Yew said...

Memories, they sustain us. I'm sure the maternity dresses will remind you of the wonderful times Victoria and William gave you and SK. They are very much a part of these dresses as you were so keep them. Also you may need them, again. Who knows?

Adrine said...

I felt nostalgic too when I packed away my maternity clothes. I kept thinking of the days when I could feel Elyssa squirming away in my tummy.

And freebies from Modermmum? Hey, how come u keep getting freebies?? (thinking of your 7 free Avent bottles)

Unknown said...

Adrine: At that time, modernmum was giving away freebies which include lotions, Avent bottle, mag and some stuff for every RM150 purchased and above. Actually I prefer DP clothings coz I can use them for after pregnancy also.

Anonymous said...

If I ever go for number 3, I'll give you a call to borrow your stash ;-) If I get pregnant again, have to dress up a bit and not look like a lumpy sack of potatoes. Haha.

Unknown said...

Joeyz: Aiyoo... my "stash" will be outdated then. What did you do with yours? I support you... go for numero three! Make sure update us ah, ; )