JellyPages.com

Monday, December 15, 2008

First fall... and second fall

Supposed to write this earlier but was recently busy with cousin Morgan's wedding in KL and then Ipoh, and settling the kids down and starting William on his porridge.

On Saturday 29th November, we went out in the morning to attend Morgan's church wedding at St Paul's. After reception, we came home to freshen up and William slept. Shortly later we should be leaving to Uncle Kong Wah's house for the tea ceremony. Victoria and Daddy did not join us as she had her follow up appointment with her doctor in the morning, and thereafter, Daddy took her for lunch at 1 Utama.

William was asleep when Victoria and Daddy came home. Victoria bought each of us an ice cream cone each, and insisted to open it for us and feed us. That's very nice of her, considering that ice cream is her favourite and she cannot eat. But I think she just enjoys feeding us.

Daddy was upstairs when we heard William cry. He went straight to the guest room (in the future, Victoria's room) where he normally naps on the double bed with pillows surrounding him, but he wasn't there. Then he quickly ran up to our bedroom. Not on our bed. Not in his cot. But we can still hear William cry. For a split second, I thought the maid has moved William up to our room. When I saw hubby ran out of our room, I knew William must have fell from the bed.

I dashed upstairs. Hubby ran back to the guest room, and we both saw him on the floor, beneath the study table, on his belly. Poor boy! He cried sooo much, and only stopped after I carried him awhile.

Just that morning I was telling the maid that we should now put him in the other room, on the mattress on the floor, now that he knows how to crawl and always plays by himself when he wakes. Sharks. Just a few hours later in the afternoon, he fell.

The second fall was mainly my fault. It was at night when Victoria, William and myself went to the bedroom to prepare for bedtime. I placed William in the middle of the bed, then quickly went to the table to put down the bottles and milk. Then I walked to the air purifier to on it, and all these took just less than 30 seconds, William fell. This time, he was facing up.

I quickly carried him, and he stopped crying instantly. Strong boy, tough fella, but never again, I told myself.

2 comments:

Adrine said...

He rolled down the study table during the first fall? Poor William.

But I guess babies are tougher than we think. Don't feel too bad, ok?

Unknown said...

No lar, he was on the bed, where we normally place him to sleep. What he did was woke up, played, and somehow crawled "gostan" (backwards) and fell from the bed, and ended up under the study table next to the bed.

Admittedly, I'm not feeling too bad as his cry was very short, and this being the 2nd child. If first child, first experience, sure I panic mati lar...