JellyPages.com

Friday, December 12, 2008

Please sleep, darlings

The past three days since their holiday in Ipoh, my kids have not been very cooperative when it comes to their sleeping time. Victoria has been sleeping around 130am almost everynight waking up at 11am the next morning, and having trouble taking her afternoon naps while William has gotten used to just taking a 1 hour power nap in the morning and in the afternoon each, then play till plus minus 9pm. And mind you, when he's over tired, that does not necessary mean that he sleeps better.

After two days of such overzealous energy from the kids, I'm beat. Yesterday I brought Victoria for her medical check up, with baby and maid in tow. The doctor gave her a clean bill of health, with another week's does of daily singulair to strengthen her lungs. Then we went for lunch at Bangsar.

Back at home in the afternoon, I'd expect them to be a little more tired than a usual day at home, after having gone out. But oh no, William took about an hour nap, then he was up again, active and playful as ever. As for Victoria, she only slept about 5pm after much coaxing(her normal nap time is between 3pm and 4pm).

I didn't sleep coz I had to keep William entertained, and periodically trying to "oi oi" him back to slumberland. The maid had a lot to clean up after I spotted leftover sticking to my non stick pan so I left her to her work.

At night, William knocked off around 9pm. Victoria was very understanding. Many times, though I've not written all about it, she has taken the backseat when it comes to putting William to sleep. (The other one of us will keep Victoria occupied first, but sometimes she'll have to just hang around or find things to do herself. Of course I feel bad lar, and wish we can give both kids 100% undivided attention, but that is impossible.)

He woke a few times after dozing off at 9pm. I dropped off to sleep nearing 12 midnight I think, while Victoria played with Daddy. Suddenly I heard Victoria calling me, but I couldn't open my eyes. Too tired la. Then she start to call me louder. I managed to squint my eyes open, and she placed this... in front of me, saying, "Mummy... see!"

That's soooo sweet, darling. This morning I asked hubby if he did that with her, and asked her to give it to me. He said no, he was busy rushing his assignment and she was drawing by herself.

: ) Appreciation from my little girl.

1 comment:

Leona said...

Hi Irene! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Nice to know you too from your blog. You sound like you have your hands really full with a bouncing baby boy and a creative and imaginative little girl. Their sleeping patterns sounds really tiring for you. Try to get rest whenever you can.

I was also reading your post on Victoria's pneumonia chapter a few wks ago. I understand how you felt and as a parent to see your child go thru that pain in hospital. Ryan was admitted twice for pneumonia too and is on singulair too.

BTW, i am not from seremban.. hubby is from there. We go back there every 2 weeks. :)