JellyPages.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Victoria's skin prick test result

This is a happy post.

Last Saturday we brought Victoria for her pre-scheduled appointment with this immunologist from Pantai Hospital. This was her 2nd visit, the first being one to introduce ourselves to the doctor.

So last Saturday she was tested via a skin prick test on chicken, eggs, cow's milk, wheat/rye/barley, latex (connected with kiwi/strawberry/dragonfruit/etc), shrimps, tropical dustmites, international dustmites, pandan, mushroom and fungus (mok yue).

She aced them all - NO REACTION!

Although the result was expected as this only confirms the results in April this year at Tangkak (her other allergist doctor), the true test is eating.

On the way back, I asked her what would be the first food she wants to eat. She said chicken rice. We were abit hesitant since the rice has margarine which we know she was allergic to, but if we don't try, we wouldn't know if she's been healed. So I gave her a quarter of the chicken and rice. Her inner arm started to itch and became red an hour later. My joy quavered. But the consolation was I knew she could eat chicken as I have been giving her chicken a few weeks back, starting with kampong chicken then to the normal white chicken.

The next day-Sunday, we ate outside after church. She tasted a little of chicken curry laksa, herbal duck mee sua and nasi lemak with curry chicken.

On Monday, we tested her on egg. Yes, egg. Half a fried egg. No itch. No reaction. Truly, this is a miracle happening in front of me. This is the day that we have all been waiting for, for over one year, my brave little girl has remained patient, and persevered and faithful. After all the tears and prayers, this is it.

On Tuesday, I gave her half fried egg for breakfast based on her request. She is one very happy girl these few days, I tell ya. No reaction. PTL!!! For lunch, she ate shreded chicken wan tan mee - one of her favourites before she had to "puasa"

Why the rush in testing her with eggs? Well, initially I planned to test her on one food type each week, but we hasten the process with eggs because we needed to catch the current MAS promotion to book our tickets back to UK. (I will blog about this another time).

The next one month will be an exciting month, giving her a variety of food little at a time, to reaffirm the test results.

And each time, we say a prayer of thanksgiving.

4 comments:

LittleLamb said...

That is absolutely good news. PTL for healing Victoria. For MAS, you can special request for food. The type of food you want to Victoria. So no worries there.

Adrine said...

Hey, that's great news !! So happy for Vic that she can eat her favourite foodstuff again.

My nephew's allergy is still there so I'll ask my bro whether he wants to try the Tangkak doc.

I'm sure you must be very excited about the UK trip. Will you be dropping by Sheffield?

Unknown said...

Yea, we are truly overjoyed! Only a slight itch the pass few days but we suspect it's the dust. That's what she's still allergic to.

Oh, sheffield's a MUST when we return to UK : )

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Hopefully she'll grow out of the allergies... Liling