JellyPages.com

Friday, November 5, 2010

Drawing blood

I interrupt my Phuket holiday series for this post.

In Phuket, I noticed Vic had a small, red, pimply-like spot on her abdomen area. This is similar to what she had about a year ago and at that time, we consulted her allergist doctor in Tangkak which he confirmed was a sign of allergy. We were told to ignore it and it will go away, which it did.

This time, when I saw the red dot again, a small alarm rang inside me. Maybe it will go away.

But yesterday when I gave her bath, I counted more than 5 dots on her thighs and abdomen area, which was shocking and very worrying!

I told hubs, and we brought her immediately to Pantai Hospital, to meet up with the one person whom we still gave much respect to, a professor Dr M Yadav who specializes and researches in allergys. He is not a medical professor and doesn't prescribe medications, but he knows everything about allergys. That's his field, his bread and butter to say the least.

Two years ago, he was the one who did the blood test for Victoria. Yesterday, we had the privilege to sit with him again, and quickly briefed him on her progress, her frequent nose bleeding episodes this year, her diet and he shared with us the many ways of testing allergies.

For more details on allergys, please read more here

To cut the story short, Vic went for another round of blood test to check her IgE scores after 2 years and also to test on other food types.

As a mother, like any other, my heart goes out to my daughter. Everytime I drive to the hospital, knowing that one of my kids are sick, makes me sick. Not literally. But my thoughts run. I wish Heaven can be lived out on Earth - at least for my girl - because then she will have a perfect body with no allergys.

Today is Deepavali - Happy Deepavali to those who celebrate - tomorrow her blood will be sent for testing and results should be out latest Monday.

Please uphold Victoria in your prayers - we know she still has her allergies despite scoring a ZERO in Tangkak, but we hope for lower IgE levels and a confirmation in this blood test, and to find out the culprit that is causing her recent symptoms.

6 comments:

LittleLamb said...

I am praying for her right now as I type this. Our God is Jehobah Rapha..He who heals. Amen.

Agnes CF Lee said...

I will include Vic in my prayers tonite that Guardian Angels are there to look up for her always.

smallkucing said...

Hope all will be well

Adrine said...

Tues today. Results should be out already. How did it go? Hope to hear good news.

Ann said...

Indeed, my heart goes out to you. As a mum, I understand how anxious you may be concerning your child.

But always remember not to be anxious and Vic is also a child of God. He will take care of her, always.

Take care my dear and will definitely continue to pray for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Thank you all.