Arrived 945pm Seoul, to cooling weather. Flight departed and arrived on time, kids naturally excited on flight and walked around quite a bit. Thank God it's only a 7 hour flight with pre-ordered meals on flight to keep the kids occupied. Even then, William only managed a short 1 hour nap and played with his friends whilst mummy engaged myself in a crosswords puzzle with my 8yo partner, Jarrett. : )
Surprised that even Fat Hailey got to travel to Korea? For free of course, but she had to share her seat with William and buckle up too! The boy did this himself, and then took the aeroplane evacuation instruction card to study... memang serious! Bear in mind, he already says he wanna be a pilot.
Checked into Sunshine Guest House in Seoul, then it's off to supper near the guesthouse, with the company of Gee's two Korean girlfriends who joined us and treated us our first meal.
Kids digging into their first Korean meal, kimbap which is sushi (minus the eggroll).
We ordered the bibimbap for ourselves - it's ok only.
... and the udon soup which William enjoyed but because it had egg in it, Vic only looked. Obviously she was sad (read, moody), so were we, and I took her out for a short walk while the others finished off their supper.
After dinner it's midnight shopping at Dongdaemun night market. Hubs took the kids back to rest as it was nearing 2am local time (Malaysian time 1am) together with the other kids and a couple of tired fathers. The women in our group, all went to check out the bargains waiting for us, with our Korean friend Gee.
For the record, I bought nothing except for two hair clips for Victoria because I couldn't find anything suitable for myself nor William or hubs.
Reached back to hotel room nearing 4am tired and dissatisfied with the selection at the shops. Also, half the time I was out I was missing my kids and hubs, and wondering if hubs could manage to put William to sleep in foreign land and a stranger's bed.
Turned out when I returned, William was nicely snuggled up with his new Korean jie jie, Yu Rim who took the initiative to help hubs watch after him. : )
1 comment:
oh....unsatisfactor shopping sure sucks. How pricey are the things there?
Post a Comment