Day Two: Sunday, 21st November 2010
Samcheong-dong
... is one of the most unique places in Seoul. It is famous of its Bukchon Hanok (Korean traditional houses) village and we enjoyed hiking up the hilly slops in the early morning. The neighborhood is peaceful, devoid of other tourists, clean and the weather was cool.
For the first time in my life, I saw a persimmon fruit tree. A man was plucking the fruits from one of the houses, and he graciously threw some down to us. Or maybe, those fruits were overriped and he didn't want them so he rather feed some grateful, unsuspecting tourist like us, hahaha!
Gyeongbokgung Palace
This, I heard, is a must see for anyone who visits Korea. Hubs has been to Korea before, some many years ago in his company trip but this is my first time. I am generally not a historic kinda person, and historical places does not really interest me. So this palace was just a so-so for me.
Onnuri Church
Can you believe it that even in Korea, we managed to attend church service on this Sunday? Never miss out the opportunity to praise and worship God even in foreign land! The message by Pastor Eddie Byon was very powerful and speaks direct to our hearts.
Korean hospitality No.1: Dinner with Yi's parents and visiting
Our Korean friend, Yi introduced us to his parents and brother's family in this restaurant that serves dak galbi (which is chicken stirfried on a hot plate). After dinner we stayed a while and had dessert in Yi's brother's house... small apartment but their hospitality was warm and so welcoming.
8 comments:
Hi Mei... loved the photo with William's head in the mock up, for a while, I thought it was a real person, then I took a second glance and lo and behold.... hahaha
I agree with Girl staement. So cute
u not into history?? perhaps korean history is it? like the palace, the arts of europe..all nice ma..
nice trip..esp with CG people!!!! nice. post more soon. 8 days is a LONG holiday..;p
Ooo! I must stay tuned! Btw, do you speak Korean? Any language barrier there?
Isn't it nice to go holiday as a family? for me, must save money lol...
please share more pictures of your Korea trip with us ya?
@Girl/Small Kucing, really? thanks.
@little lamb, serious i am not into history, but don't mind seeing historical places and admiring the architectural works, but not the background. :P
@leeyen, u are so right. we can't get ard without knowing the local language. i learnt only the most important words, "Cheaper, cheaper!" hahaha... we got two korean families in our group.
@eugene, yes it's nice to go for hols as a family... take air asia lor, or stay in spa in korea is very much cheaper.
Is that BBQ beef? is so tempting..yum yum
Aaaahhhh....heard the Koreans have a love for God that is very strong.
Hai....if I knew you were going to Korea, I would ask you to look out for Pororo shirt for me. :)
Ooohhh...yummy persimmons. Love them when they are overripe. So many on the tree.
Post a Comment