These kids... haiyaaa... got "pak pak" by mummy the last two days on two separate occassions. Mr R.O Tan didn't even have to come out for a talk with them.
William
Two nights ago, he ate a few spoons and then didn't want to eat anymore. I tried feeding him and he opened his mouth soooo small. In one attempt, the boy dropped his spoon filled with rice on the floor. Nevermind.
Then he threw some rice on the floor. And then played with the table cloth. The ultimatum came when he put the table cloth ON this food to cover his plate! AArrghh, I told him off, took his naughty hand, and then whack it. As another punishment, I sent him off without asking him to finish his dinner.
Obviously at this age already he knows he has done wrong. After washing his hands, he walked upstairs to the livingroom, with head down and solemn. Played with his toys by himself while we continue dinner. Then when he saw Mama (grandma) finish dinner, he asked her to play with him, not me. That's unusual.
When I finished dinner, I went up to him and asked him if he knew what he did was wrong. Yes. Then I got him downstairs again to eat a little more rice.
This boy ahhh, when mummy scolds, his heart breaks.
Victoria
Last night the two kids got into an argument when William was sitted near the coffee table drawer, and Vic wanted to take something out. Brother didn't want to give way, and sister wanted her way, so as the stronger one, she pulled open the drawer despite the brother still sitted there. Both yelled.
Then William cried. That cry wasn't the laugai or protesting cry. It was the cry we can identify immediately, as this very high-pain-threshold boy cry out of pain! We realised that the corner of the drawer was opened INTO his back near his spine.
Quickly I pulled him away and gave the sister a lashing for not stopping when Mama (grandma) told her to stop. Whacked two hands really hard. With tears, she apologized to William who stopped crying when I scolded Vic.
One note here. William has a soft spot for his jie jie when she cries. He would immediately stop crying so we will not be angry at his jie jie, or he would go over and give her a toy or hug her to console her.
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
8 comments:
I really like this,,, William has soft spot for jie jie,, and he will stop crying to not to mess up the situation and willing to give the toys to Jie Jie and hug and console her.... bravo Will,,, uncle Eugene salutes you...
you shall grow up to be a fine young boy....
at time they are good friends and times they fight and make up, just like my 2 girls.
so ... touching scenes.. well, you have done right.. this is discipline.. spare the rod, the kids will be spoilt.. rod doesnt mean caning..but some spanks too..
siblings are like that lor
I would have been hoping mad if Christopher did all the antics William did!
And so sweet that he has a soft spot for jie jie. He will make a good bf later! :) And good of Vic to say sorry straight away.
Hey guys, ppl say each child is different, but they are the same in some ways still, hor?
William has his fair share of irritating his jie jie but it's harmless and hilarious. Vic still has to be prompted to say sorry at least she says it.
"Discipline" sure is no fun - for both the receiver and giver!
The last para about William is just so sweet.
kids really know how to make us went arrrgghhhh! I have 2 at home doing that to me too....breath in...breath out...
Post a Comment