JellyPages.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Phuket Day 2: Mai Khao and Patong

Saturday, 30th October 2010

Today we woke to glorious Thai sunshine. We didn't pack food except for the kids' biscuits and milk and although the kitchen was tempting with all the equipment (even the pots are Zebra branded), we couldn't utilize it. So with only a few shops in the nearby Turtle shopping area, we had to order room service (hubs did this the night before).

We could even choose the time that we want breakfast delivered, in 15 minutes block! So we picked 745-800am assuming the kids will wake by that time (because it will be 9am in Malaysian time). The kids woke nearing 9am and they hung out at the villa backyard where the private pool is.

The building where our villa is located - ground floor
Sunshiny day, but my princess was moody and quiet the whole day. We didn't know if she was not feeling well or upset as she wouldn't tell and preferred to keep to herself. So hard to crack her up.
In the backyard of our villa

The private pool in our villa's backyard. Very clean. The staff comes every morning to check the water

Then Daddy brought them to the beach via buggy (kids get excited to get on this, even mummy is) then the pool.

Getting onto the buggy to go to the beachside

As for Mummy, I signed up for one of the club's many complimentary activities ie animal towel folding! I learnt how to fold (and hopefully can still remember by now) elephant, rabbit, dog, monkey, turtle, bird in a nest and swan. Interested? Haha... come see me for free lessons : )

See my new turtle pet?
My romantic swans

When I joined the kids and Daddy after the towel folding class, the kids were drying up and finishing the complimentary fruit. William eats it like it's lollipop

Kids' pool... look at the slide

Swimming pool

After swimming and bathing, we had lunch at The Coffee Club in the Turtle shopping area. The menu had a good variety of food from western to local and the price was very reasonable.

Pad Thai, THB100 - I hope I got the name right. It's stirfry rice noodles (original to come with peanut sauce, egg and prawns which we requested them to take these out... they made 3 rounds before getting this right but the waitress was still very nice)
Pork with basil leave. Daddy ordered this so the kids can eat also.

I went for "tak-halal" food - spaghetti with mushroom and ham, THB169 Yummylicious.
This is Thai version of porridge - very watery, with 4 pork balls, THB100. They call this the Kao tao or something I think.

Vic was still moody. I took her for a walk at the shops after lunch. The shops were open but without customers. We checked out the only spa centre there but it was pricey.

Supposed to have dinner with Mama Yeh Yeh once they arrived, but their flight was delayed so we went for dinner at the Zest Restaurant by the poolside where they had a fire show.

Fire show at night. William likey, Victoria not interested.
Dinner at the Zest Restaurant. Kids below 6yo eat for free. Adults at THB1000 per pax.
What was this drink again? ERrmm... oh ya, the black russian. ; )

After Mama Yeh Yeh arrived, we hired a minivan to Patong (journey took 1 hour) around 10pm to have supper and then just hubs and I did a quick walk (or jog) along Bangla Road to check out the shops. And look at these girls... or she-males... we passed by only lar

Back to our villa at midnight. We paid THB2000 for the round trip minivan (Toyota) and negotiated with the same driver for a day out tomorrow at Patong / Phuket Town.

9 comments:

LittleLamb said...

ah...at first i thought..how come wasted the extra room.. then yr parents came.

Glad u had fun. I love good hospitality too..

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your post makes me want to revisit Phuket. My last trip was 10 years ago!

Adrine said...

The free animal folding class sounds good! Hmm.... dunno why I was so lazy to join any class last time.

For breakfast, one of my friends bought bacon,cheese,sausages, eggs,milk and bread from the Turtle mart supermarket and enjoyed a nice fry-up! I planned to do that at first, but somehow delayed till the last day and then we got a free breakfast voucher for signing up. he he.

Looking forward to read about Day 3, 4 and 5! :) Hopefully, Vic was feeling happier.

Unknown said...

@Adrine, we did the shopping at Turtle mart also... will blog about it, haha!

Anonymous said...

first time dropping by from eugene blog. wow phuket sound like a good place to visit ^^

Anonymous said...

you look really sweet in the pic with the "turtle". the class seems interesting! need you to pass on some skills the next time we meet :)

graceux5

Unknown said...

@grace, hey thanks for leaving a comment... you silent reader, haha! ok the next time we meet (we always say this but so hard to squeeze time into your busy schedule) make sure got towels we start a one-to-one class!

Tammy said...

i'm so tempted to go too!

Ann said...

wow....great hotel. Hope Vic cheered up after the buggy ride. The food looks good.

Wah...I want to learn to fold the turtle. Looks cool!

Aaahhh....I so want a holiday now! :)