Is William possessive? Does he stick to me like a superglue when we see strangers or when we go out? Does he mind being carried by people he's less familiar with? Actually, I'd think not. No he's OK with my friends and relatives carrying him (of course a few times it takes warming up) and he's not really sticky to me EXCEPT at night when he wants to sleep. However, he does shows his preference but no squealing or whinning or yelling. That, I thank God tremendously... because we've encountered the other extreme with the older child (the impact is worst when at one time, we were the "rejected" ones).
Yesterday whilst at Victoria's kindy, I carried another Mummy's baby, who's 6 months younger than William. When he saw that, he wanted to get out from the maid's embrace. After I returned the baby to his mother, William wanted me to carry him which I took it that he wanted assurance that Mummy still loves him.
Two nights ago I got a little frustrated that he wanted his way to sleep, ie suckle suckle suckle... and I was really tired. I just wanted to carry him but that didn't help and he didn't want any position that I tried (stubborn), by pushing me away. He kept crying, so I decided that I'm not gonna give in (even more stubborn). OK I have my "mean-days". After more than half hour of crying nonstop, he knew he was not gonna get what he want, and Daddy finally put him to sleep.
Last nite he was very well behaved eventhough he had only 30mins of afternoon nap, compared to his usual 2 hours. After milk and lights off, I put him on the bed and lie down myself. He lied beside me for sometime, then climbed over me in a half kneeling position with his arms pressing on my neck. Oh my poor neck! I dare not move, coz I didn't want him to know I was awake. His face was turned away from mine, but very close and he wasn't moving. I wasn't sure if he was already asleep or eyes still open.
So I waited, despite the difficulty in breathing, for I think... maybe 5 minutes before I called his name softly and asked him if he was awake (not like William could answer me anyway). No answer.
Then I turned him over.
Baby asleep! Yippee! This guy ahh... I think he wants damn lotsa assurance after the night before and the morning seeing me carry another baby.
Or am I just perasan and sensitive?
Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish (糖醋鱼)
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment